I have been having lots of discussions lately with folks about The Secret and the Law of Attraction. I believe quite a few people think The Secret has the "answer" because they've tried the positive thinking portion of it, and that works.
Of course positive thinking works (though, not for the reasons the film states). But that doesn't mean you've attracted everything in your life, 100%, as the Law of Attraction states.
I was at an EFT seminar yesterday. Overall, the seminar was very well done, but I was a bothered by how much this "Law of Attraction" meme has begun to infect the self-help world. The teacher, an avowed fan of The Secret, spent quite a bit of time explaining how the world was our "mirror" and if anything bad happened to us, it's because we created it inside first.
- Book Review: Close Enough to Hear God Breathe
- How to Tell if Your Eggs are Still Fresh
- Scary Flesh-Eating Bacteria
- Nutella: Eat in Moderation
- Using a Feeding Tube to Diet?
- Book Review: Beyond Human
- Book Review: Doing Virtuous Business
- Important Warning If You Use a Neti Pot!
- Do You Need Anti-Depressants? Can You Afford to Take Them in the First Place?
- Affordable Cloth Pads on eBay