Three little things you can do to love yourself more:
1. Give yourself permission to not be perfect.
2. Forgive yourself, especially for those times when you were a jerk or otherwise not at your best.
3. Find one thing about yourself that's pretty darn cool, and really appreciate it.
I can't help but comment on the situation where Mutts and Moms, the animal rescue "agency" that gave Ellen her dog, snatched the dog back when Ellen gave it to her hairdresser.
The reason? They supposedly have a rule of not placing small dogs with children under 14 years old. Ahh, so they'd rather place those small dogs in the arms of celebrities? I'm not putting Ellen down, but I get suspicious when a non-profit animal "shelter" is being conveniently run out of an upscale doggie outfitter called the "Paws Boutique."
I grew up with a small dog in the house - a miniature sheltie. We got him when I was 7. The dog was extremely happy and well cared for. But I guess 7-year-olds and hairdressers don't have the kind of money someone like Ellen has to spend on expensive dog collars, plush canine bedding, and gourmet dog food.
The Bigger Picture
A quick formula for being happy:
1. Let go of the past.
2. Stop comparing yourself to others.
3. Pay deep attention to what's in front of you.
4. Enjoy the moment.
5. Be unconditionally loving.
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is a powerful, easy method of clearing out old emotions, reducing stress, and improving general well-being. Learn how to use EFT to create a sense of inner peace in your life, no matter what's going on outside.
What will be covered in the class?
You will learn a simple but effective method of using EFT for any issue that comes up. You will also experience a guided group EFT session.
5 things you will learn from this class:
1. Find out how EFT works.
2. Learn to apply EFT quickly to any stressful situation.
3. Create a personalized EFT script to power through problems.
4. Reduce stress and free yourself from outside pressure and expectation.
5. Devise a regular EFT routine.
Who is this class suited to?
This class is suited to all individuals regardless of previous EFT experience. Those with existing EFT experience are encouraged to join the class – the method shared here may be new to you.
Who's leading this session?
While I'm not defending Britney's sluggish performance at the MTV music awards, I am appalled at how the media has been bashing Britney's body.
She's been called out of shape. Having a "beer belly." Or worse. An AP music writer commented on "the paunch in place of Spears' once-taut belly."
Paunch? Not having washboard abs means you have a paunch? I saw a clip of Britney's performance and I didn't see one hint of a paunch anywhere. She looked fine. She's 25 and a MOTHER, for pete's sake. She isn't 18 years old anymore. Why on earth do you expect a grown women, a mother, to have the body of an 18-year-old who's never had children?
Fresh off the presses:
OK, so can someone tell me why ADHD did not exist when I was a kid (and that wasn't that long ago), and now all of a sudden, certain scientists are claiming that upwards of 10% of our children need to be put on lifelong medication?
This statistic, by the way, was arrived at through the following "scientific" method:
1. 3,082 children participated in the survey.
2. "Using interviews, the researchers were able to establish the presence of ADHD."
So based on 3,000 kids who were interviewed (or their parents were interviewed), the scientists made a firm "diagnosis" of ADHD...and for all we know, this was based on a telephone survey.
There is an old woman I often see on the bike path next to the beach. She is tan and wrinkled, with curly blonde hair sticking up around her visor. She is always wearing a headset and carrying some sort of iPod.
The best part about seeing her is that she is always dancing. That's right. She dances down the bike path. She doesn't walk, she doesn't run. She dances. She is always smiling and having a fantastic time.
I saw her today and waved, and she smiled back at me a big, toothy, happy smile. She's not worried about what people think about her. She's just being herself. We should all be a little more like her.
I get quite a lot of people coming here and asking about EFT. Well, I thought I'd create a website about it. While it's brand new and I am still making adjustments to it, the EFT website is ready enough to be seen. (Nothing worse than creating a website and then nobody visits!) Please stop by!
- Book Review: Close Enough to Hear God Breathe
- How to Tell if Your Eggs are Still Fresh
- Scary Flesh-Eating Bacteria
- Nutella: Eat in Moderation
- Using a Feeding Tube to Diet?
- Book Review: Beyond Human
- Book Review: Doing Virtuous Business
- Important Warning If You Use a Neti Pot!
- Do You Need Anti-Depressants? Can You Afford to Take Them in the First Place?
- Affordable Cloth Pads on eBay