Hello, my name is Stephanie Brail, and I am a wellness coach, healer, and hypnotherapist. I'm a Registered Yoga Teacher and Reiki Master, and I've been coaching and healing people for nine years. I am also a writer, editor, and musician. In my spare time, I am a comedian and a surfer. I'm also a former dot-com baby who still mucks about on the web here and there.
Yes, that's a lot, but I've learned to stop putting myself into a box (translation: creative straightjacket).
My Journey With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
When I was diagnosed with "chronic mononucleosis" (chronic fatigue syndrome) at the age of 18 after a second acute bout of mono, I had no idea it would affect me for the rest of my life, but it did. It affected everything. Years later, I had to be put on disability at the tender age of 23 because I could not function.
Western medicine did nothing for me. Half the doctors didn't take me seriously - the other half just didn't know what to do. Tons of tests and headaches later left me searching for alternatives. This is how I learned about energy healing and became interested in alternative health.
Having chronic fatigue syndrome has not been easy. What I thought was going to be an easy-breezy life has been fraught with struggle. Yet, had I not gotten chronic fatigue syndrome, I'm pretty darn certain I would have become a neurotic type-A bitch from hell, extremely successful on the outside but shut down internally. (OK, so I'm still a bit neurotic, but I'm much more conscious about it!)
Chronic fatigue syndrome forced me to do deep healing. It forced me to look deep inside myself. Sometimes, I haven't liked what I've seen. Sometimes, I've wanted to give up entirely. But somehow, slowly but surely, I have gotten better over the years. Not just physically, but also emotionally.
I'm still an "emotional moron" at my worst, still stubborn and overly attached to outcome at times, and often worrying when I don't need to be. And yes, sometimes I pull an Aries and free my inner bitch with spectacular results! But more and more, I feel light and happy, for no good reason.
I attribute my feeling of lightness to energy healing. I truly believe it is one of the most powerful methods of healing out there - more effective than prescription drugs or psychotherapy, and without the side effects.
My Life Purpose
My life purpose is to love: to fully experience and appreciate the magic and wonder of the universe; to soulfully express my authentic self in truth, joy, and freedom; to grow, heal, and evolve in mind, body, and spirit; and to help others do the same.
I teach yoga classes weekly in West Los Angeles.
I am producing electronic music with affirmations and mantras. I'm also studying guitar.
Having gotten my yoga teaching certification, I am just now starting to learn about QiGong and Tai Chi.
Related Training and Certification
For me, learning is a life-long, never-ending process. Here are just a few of my schools, courses, and certifications:
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI - Bachelor's Degree in English and Music
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Certified Past Life Regression Therapist
- Life on Purpose Institute Coaches Development Program
- Graduate School of Coaching
- Coachville Certified Coach Intensive (Led by Thomas Leonard)
- Small Business Coaching Intensive (Led by Richard Reardon)
- Reiki Master Certification
- Pranic Healing Level I (Led by Master Stephen Co)
- EF&H Facilitator Certification
- TAT: Healing Allergies & Trauma Distance Learning Certificate
- Certified Yoga Teacher, Karuna Yoga: RYT 200
- Liz Franklin’s Yoga in Chairs Certified Instructor, Specializing in Multiple Sclerosis
- Yoga Trance Dance Teachers Training with Shiva Rea
- Embodying the Flow: Foundation to Teaching Prana Flow Yoga with Shiva Rea
- Teleclass4U.com TCL101 (Teleclass Leader Training)
- Teleclass.com Teleclass Leader Training (Led by Dave Buck)
- Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced Comedy Improvisation
- Numerous other classes in coaching, writing, self-help, spirituality, and related disciplines
Special thanks to my friend Paul Blackthorne, who is known for his talent as an actor but who is just as gifted a photographer.